Sunday 12 February 2012

BryonyBakes - Loveheart millionaire's shortbreads!

Millionaire's shortbread is one of Harveys favourite sweet treats! I decided to make him some for Valentines day and found this recipe online that makes adorable heart shaped cookies! Now I'm no baker and I'll admit that I often burn toast but I think these came out really well!!
So yummy <3

Ingredients... 

125g of softened butter
140g of plain flower (extra for dusting)
55g of caster sugar

1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
ready made caramel
Milk chocolate
white chocolate 


To make your dough you will need to:

1. Cream the butter & sugar with the vanilla extract until its fluffy.. I tried cheating by using an electric mixer. Trust me it doesn't work! An old fashioned wooden spoon is much easier!! Then add the flour and mix together to make a dough. If its a little dry add a tiny drop of milk! 

2. Wrap it in cling film (nasty stuff) & pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes...

... Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 170'C (150'C for fan ovens) & go paint your nails or eat some chocolate!!! I vote maltesors : ) 

3. Once your full of chocolate, or 10 minutes are up, whichever happens to come first, take the dough out of the fridge! Sprinkle some flour onto the worktop and start to roll the dough out! I done mine a little too thin so aim for about 3mm in thickness! Using a cute little heart shaped cookie cutter (Ebay, 79p!) start to cut out your biscuit shapes! The dough should make 36 biscuits but mine made more as it was thinner!

4. Lay the shapes onto some greaseproof paper and pop in the oven for 10 minutes! They come out looking golden, crunchy and delicious! Please refrain from eating them... Unless you have an uneven number! ; ) 
                                          

5. Using some ready made caramel smooth a generous amount onto a biscuit then sandwich another on top. 
Like this <<<<<<< : ) So tasty! 

Line them up on a tray so they look all cute and then leave for up to 30 minutes for the caramel to harden slightly, preferably in a cool room. My kitchen is pretty much as cold as outside so I was fine!! Haha... 


6. Melt some chocolate in a bowl, the recipe says dark and white but I know Harvey hates dark, as do I and of course I'll be helping him eat them! So dark was out and milk was in!! Melt them in separate bowls! Then using a spoon drizzle the chocolate along the lines of biscuits! Go as mad as you like! I ended up covered in drizzles of it but I'm not complaining! They look super cute when done. Leave them for a little while for the chocolate to reset...  Resist eating
them!

Whilst that hardens you get to lick the chocolate bowls!!! <3

7. I got these little boxes on Ebay! They come with a heart window and handle with a gift tag! I filled one up for my valentine to take home and enjoy! They look really cute and its a nice way to package them. 


Such a simple recipe and damn are these tasty!!!!! Perfect sweet treat for your sweetie :) I hope if you make them you enjoy them as much as we did! Thanks for reading and follow the blog for more! 

Link to the original recipe: http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/514904/loveheart-millionaires-shortbreads
xoxox

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm these look so tasty!! I would make them but I'm on a diet :( xxxxxxxxxx

    bellepearlxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use the excuse that your making them for others ;) xxxxx

      Delete